What is Thanksgiving?
1. Thanksgiving is acknowledging God as the one behind all the good things around us. (John 3:27 – A Man cant receive anything except its being given to him from above; James 1:17)
2. Its recounting Gods loving kindness in our lives.
3. Its giving God all the glory for who we are, where we are and where he is taking us to. (1 Corinth 15:10 – I am what I am by the grace of God; 2 Samuel 2:9)
Why are we giving thanks to God as a church/Individuals
1. Expansion of the Church/Individual
2. For continuous supply of the word. (Psalm 68:11). We enjoy a great revelation of the word through our men of God.
3. For Gods manifest blessing on us over the years which have been making a difference.
4. For his loving kindness and faithfulness that has never failed us. (Psalm 124:1 – 2)
5. For building the wall of fire around us against all satanic assault both as a church and as Individuals. Isaiah 54:14-15. Lamentation 3:22 :- It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassion fail not.
6. For continuous supply of human and material resources
Benefits of Thanksgiving
1. When we give thanks for what he has done, we remind him of what remains.
2. It will put God continually at work (Phil 2:12. Act 2:47 – praising God, and having favor with all the people; and the Lord added to the assembly daily those that were to be saved.)
3. Its a vital key to obtaining the promise of God concerning the year 2020
4. God sees you as a grateful person and not a great fool.
5. It gives access unto Gods presence. (Psalm 100:4 – Enter into his gates with thanksgiving and into his courts with praise; give thanks unto him, bless his name)
6. When you give God thanks, you please him. (1 Thess 5:18 )
7. God is magnified when we give God thanks. (Psalm 69:30). Anytime God is being magnified, he supplies us our needs. In Psalm 34:3, It said we should magnify the lord and exalts his name together
8. It brings balance to our spiritual life. Col 4:2 – Continue in prayer and watch in the same with Thanksgiving, Philippians 4:6 – Be careful about nothing; but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God)
9. It ignites joy in us and creates an atmosphere for the supernatural (Jeremiah 30:19; Psalm 50:14-15)